Re: Neck Pain

Phil, neck pain is often caused by bad 'riding posture,' which doesn't always
equate to what may be instinctive when you get on a bike.  Be sure to hold a
good portion of your body weight with your legs, thus keeping much of your
body weight off your hands.  Secondly, keep your elbows down, in, and most
importantly relaxed.  Kieth Code stresses this in Level I.  I think the
tension and weight on your arms probably contribute to your neck pain.  Also,
in general, stay relaxed overall as you ride.  Finally, I used Gen Mar 3/4"
risers on my VFR and found them to help comfort on long trips but not to be a
substitute for good riding posture.  Heli Bars in my opininon raise the bars
too much, and I'm not sure if they are even available for the Sprint ST. To
me the Sprint ST is comfortable as is, but you can add mine to the other good
opinions available on this list.  One more thing I will tell you, selling the
Sprint ST isn't the solution.  This is the most comfortable sport-tourer out
there!  If you want to give up some performance you could go for a tourer
with some sportiness ie the Trophy 1200, R1100RT, or ST1100, but give the
Sprint ST some serious mileage before swallowing that pill.

Rick
Houston