Re: Belly scrape

On a flat road surface, the belly pan will only scrape after you've worn
right through the hero peg. I can only vouch for the right side, as that's
what happened taking the ST around Cadwell Park (a predominantly
right-handed race circuit here in the UK) the other week. I got about right
through the hero peg and 5mm into the footpeg itself, scraping a patch about
40mm wide on the belly pan where it bulges around the exhaust. I didn't
notice any "lifting" of the rear tyre, in fact I didn't realise I'd scraped
the belly pan until the end of the session. The belly pan was the only thing
other than the footpeg to make contact, and I had to go for it in a big way
to do that. With more skill/courage on my part or stickier/different profile
tyres, the next thing to go down would be the silencer. That would probably
be a bit more noticeable. There's no way I'll ever get that far over on the
public road, though - not enough reliable grip, too many manhole
covers/cars/white lines etc.
I didn't get all the way through the hero peg on the left - not far at all,
in fact, so I can't comment on that side.
On the right though, I'd say the chances of the belly pan causing a ground
clearance problem on anything like a normal road is pretty remote. Your hero
pegs will give you plenty of warning.

Simon.