that infernal zip tie

Okay, so I was little lazy.  There were several days (okay, weeks) when I
thought I'd get to it, but I did'nt do it.  And now I'm regretting it.

Monday morning I rode into the office, as is my usual custom.  As I backed
up to the curb, I looked down to see a puff of smoke rise up from the area
around the ignition.

"Damn", I thought to myself, and because I read these posts religiously,
fully aware of what had just happened.  I turned the key in the ignition.
The bike continued to run.  I hit the kill switch and shut off the engine.
Lights were still blazing, however.

I jumped off my otherwise wonderful machine and examined the ignition cable
where the zip tie had mercilessly cut into it.  The rubber sleeve had melted
around the wires.  Many weeks too late, I cut off the offending zip tie and
then rode slowly home.  Once there, I disconnected the battery to shut off
the headlights.

Beauty fired right up yesterday morning after I re-connected the battery.
Drove her down to the shop and, head hanging in shame, reported my sin.  My
confessor forgave me and told me my penance would be three days without my
beloved.  Tomorrow afternoon will not arrive too soon.

Don't procrastinate, people.  Cut that zip tie before this happens to you,
too.

Your newly humbled brother,