RE: Tank bag harness

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BEF542.5EF92CEC

I got the tankbag when I picked up the bike, as I was going on vacation, and
had just put the 3 bags on order. As I have posted before, the seems to be
some discrepancy as to the orientation of the bag. What this ultimately
means, of course, is that you can mount it either way, your preference.

Some have suggested placing some saran-wrap under the pad. I had mine on for
a week straight and saw no scraping, scuffing. However, it seems like a good
idea, especially if you get caught in the rain. (Remember to cut a hole over
the fuel filler).

You add a couple of mounting tabs under the seat that you run the pad straps
through. And I found that I could easily wrap the front straps around the
frame each side of the steering head when I mounted the bag with the handle
forward (my preferred position, at least until I try it again). Someone has
permanently mounted straps with quick releases for the pad. At first I
thought this was a bad idea, because someone could really easily just take
the whole kit and caboodle. But the bag can be removed in seconds as it is,
so I guess it doesn't make a huge difference. I suppose some sort of locking
could be devised, but ...

The bag expands with a zipper, and I was quite impressed with how much it
holds. But I don't have a volume spec. I haven't heard of anyone regretting
getting the bag, but I have seen some STs that have some other tank bag on
them. Bruce and Evan in the Bay Area both have some other type of bag. Price
seems reasonable to me, especially if you compare to BMW items (wheeeeww!).
Hope this helps.

Paul Master - Red 99 Sprint ST "The Flash"
East Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)
email  master@xxxxxxx <mailto:master@xxxxxxx>