Re: st-digest V1999 #202

Eric wrote:
"did they say what was wrong with the old elbow"

I have what may be a similar problem. I also had taken off the fairing to
check belly pan insulation,  radiator hose chafe, etc, when I noticed that
the 90degree elbow coming off the fuel tank looked like it had a hairline
crack. I noticed very slight wetness, which I wiped away. Sure enough, 30
seconds later, the wetness was back. Please note that I have never seen a
drop form, or noticed any puddles. On my tank the fuel seems to evaporate
before it can form a drop.

When the dealer examined the elbow, he said it looked like someone had used
a screwdriver to force the connection onto the tank. He became extremely
indignant to think that someone had done this on the assembly line. At any
rate he ordered a new elbow a week ago.

Larry