Who's knocking?

Ok. We have about 830 miles on the bike and all has been going smooth. I
will layoff will the great's this's and that's. But, they are all true.
The one thing I have been noticing that is of concern though is that
after about five miles or so I seem to pick up a tapping/thumping
through the bars and pegs. Most noticeable between 4k and 6k when
backing off throttle or at part throttle, not accelerating. It is also
more noticeable in 4th - 6th. When it is pulling all seems fine and
smooth.

So, my question is this a normal vibration on the bike or something more
serious? Initially it seems more like a tire problem but if I clutch I
don't feel it. It is going into the shop next week for a check up and to
have the bags installed so I will be having it checked out. Just wanted
to here other opinions.

As to names, nothing yet, though Shadow is a possibility (black '99) as
in it follows where ever I am going. Also as in "Who knows what evil
lurks in the hearts of me? The Shadow knows..........!"

Neil
Marlboro, MA