Re: Belly scrape

>> ouch - any significant damage?
>
>It's funny you and Martian mention that - just last week I ate a $300.00+
>towing-and-repair bill because a steel rod punctured my oil filter. At 95
>MPH. Mobil 1 must do great things in reducing friction in the engine
judging
>by how effective it was on my rear tire...

Couple of notes on the engine. This was on the old style motor but should
still apply to the new motors given Triumph's build philosophy.

In '96 the factory found a courier in England that had put over 100,000
miles on I believe a Speed Triple. They offered him a new bike in exchange
for his old one. When they got it torn apart the engine tolerances could
have still passed factory spec when new. He did normal maintenance valve
adjustments.

In '97 a guy on a Trophy was traveling in Colorado and got his maintenance
done there by a local dealer. He rode back to Texas and noticed it
overheating about the time he got to Dallas. When he got it to the local
dealer they found the dealer had not put oil back in the back! It had made
it all the way from Colorado to Texas on about a cup of oil!

Dennis
Corinth, TX