Re: From Trophy to ST

On Monday, September 06, 1999 6:42 AM Antony Charles wrote:

> However, once the pannier brackets and locks are in place does that
> prevent you from angling the exhaust back up again if there are no
> panniers in use ?

Moving it back up requires that you remove the pannier bracket also. I think
if you use the Triumph exhaust which is slightly shorter it helps the looks
somewhat. Of course, if the underseat system works out!! Maybe we can have
the best of all worlds. I have not seen anything about the ability to keep
the panniers with the underseat system at this point though.

> presumably the EFI retune to suit this increases fuel consumption quite
> a bit. Has anyone got any experience of the change in noise and fuel
> consumption to help me decide ?

Most of the folks at the Rallye seemed to think my pipe (Triumph Stainless
Steel replacement) was not too loud to be offensive since this was one of my
main concerns. I really don't think I have suffered any more than 1 or 2 mpg
decrease if anything at all, my mileage averages in the 45 to 49 mpg range
which I consider pretty darn miserly after some of my recent mounts
(VTR1000F/B12) which routinely posted in the mid to high 30s. Of course the
Buell gets even better mileage, especially since I won't ride it anymore.

Paul & Dee