NC Parkway

I went riding yesterday with a friend of mine up on the Parkway and got
a ticket for unsafe operation. We were behind a van when going past an
overlook where there was a Park Ranger talking to somebody. We were
being good going about 45 and not to close. About fifteen minutes later
as we come around a corner another Park Ranger pulls out in front of us
and blocks the road and motions us to pull into an overlook.  The first
guy we pasted pulls in a little later. He says that he stopped the van
and asked if we had passed him on a double yellow. Of course we did!
Granted we said that we didn't. After about an hour and we get our
ticket for $75.  He said that if he had seen us passing on the double
yellow he would have giving us a ticket for that but since he didn't he
couldn't.  Not till I got home did I come to the realization that if he
couldn't give us a ticket for the double yellow how can he give us a
ticket for unsafe operation.  Needless to say I am going to court to
fight it.  This is purely harassment for us motorcycle riders.  We did
nothing to provoke him to follow us and stop other motorists and ask
them about us.   If we have the rally in the NC area I guess we will
have to avoid the Parkway. That's okay though there are much better
roads in the area than the parkway.

Troy

Troy Blood
Ph (864) 963-3471