Doah!

Well it had to happen, and it has.  My pride and joy has finally thrown
itself to the ground.  With out me.  It all starts with the painters working
on my house.  I had to push the bike out of the garage and almost to the end
of the slopping driveway away from the work being done.  I thought I had it
in gear and put it on the side stand.  I made the mistake of turning my back
on it, 1 step and "crunch" there it went.  Damage is comparitivly minimal.
The left side fairing pannel will definatly have to be replaced, their is a
crack from the upper rear bolt hole to the edge of the fairing, plus it is
scratched all to hell.  The fairing on that side is now right up against the
frame so the brackets will probably have to be replaced.  It broke the end
off the clutch lever and of all things the shifter rod snapped.  The shifter
itself is bent pretty bad as well.  As usual the dealer doesn't stock the
rod and lever, so they are now on order, along with my new Dragon GTS front
that still hasn't come in, damn holidays.  True to form I had and audience
of 2 painters for this mistake.  One tried to console me with "...should
have a Harley.  It wouldn't have been dammaged so much."  To which I retort,
"but then I'd have to replace all that damaged chrome, you know you can't
have scarred chrome."  So now I wait for the shifter rod to come in, then
ride it to the dealer for an estimate.  Now I get to see how nice my insurer
is.

Doing penance by missing the sMILEs for the next who knows how long,
Steven