ST is a beta test motorcycle (was Re: st-digest V1999 #213)

- --------------4AA86FC9CF92F5F3C7650AAA

David Sampson wrote:

> I have the feeling that that a Sprint ST is a 'beta test' motorcycle.
>
> (Please no flames, I won't read them.)

Don't worry -- no flame here. I'm perfectly willing to admit that there
were a few problems with the 1999 STs. However, I'm wondering what
quantitative evidence you have on manufacturer "design, manufacturing
and quality" problem rates, and how Triumph rates on that scale. I'm
also curious if that information includes manufacturers' "unannounced
recalls" -- special service procedures done by dealers without notifying
customers. (Honda, for example, is well-known for performing such work
and has even been forced to admit to such behavior in court.)

I lack such information, so I'd love to know if I'm really getting
screwed or not! Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.

- -- Blake
Soon to be blue in Washington, DC
- --------------4AA86FC9CF92F5F3C7650AAA

begin:vcard
n:Sobiloff;Blake
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.higher-ed.net/
org:KPMG LLP;Higher Education Consulting
adr:;;2001 M St. NW;Washington;DC;22036;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Consultant
fn:Blake Sobiloff