Re: st-digest V1999 #213

No flame here, but I can tell you that my ST is so far--fingers
crossed--more reliable and less "nigglesome" than my BMW R1100RS was.

Want to talk about poor fuel injection? An erratic fuel gauge. (At least I'm
used to it.) Leaks? A truly terrible transmission. A clutch that died
because the pushrod tube was over-packed with grease at the factory?

Worse--and perhaps a sign of a character flaw in me--I had two of 'em. The
'94 was a true beta-test machine, while the '96 was much better, but still
flawed.

The ST's clutch is a real lightweight next to the R11's. And Helmut over the
at Motorrad must be five-foot-four and weigh 120 pounds, I have no trouble
getting the ST on the center stand. In fact, it's easier than my wife
Yamaha.

>(Please no flames, I won't read them.)

Incidentally, it's pretty poor form to drop in on a brand-specific list,
trash the bike, and say, essentially, "don't bother me with the facts."

Hmmm....maybe you don't *deserve* an ST, eh? <g>