Re: st-digest V1999 #212

=>
=>    Much as I love my bike, it came pretty close to stranding me when the
=>radiator sprung a leak while I was in Romania.  Fortunately quick-setting,
=>high temperature epoxy is part of my "away kit".
=>

This happened to me twice. The 2nd time I was in Switzerland and very
concerned about whether I would make it home or not. It was a Sunday and
I did not have any epoxy or anything else with me. So I decided to
give it a try. It was only a pinhole leak but, when the temperture and
pressure went up, the leak was quite evident.
I filled the up the reserve tank with water and crossed the Alps and
made it all the way back home to Milan (about 160 miles) without any
problem at all except for the coolant liquid squirting all over the inside
of the fairing. Not even the slightest sign of overheating.
Not bad considering it was mid July and very hot.

So, I am of course not happy about the problems I had with my radiators
but at least she always took me back home!

Ciao,
Carlo
All Black ST