Re: ST is a beta test motorcycle (was Re: st-digest V1999 #213)

Heh, Heh (no flames intended)
    I've got a '93 Chevy 4X4 that runs a full gas guage reading 'til 53 mi. then
starts to run down to empty at an alarming rate. She slows down just before the
red block, then I drive it another 200 mi. GM can't fix it! I've tried. I think
they've been making these vehicles for a 'cuppla years. (no beta test here!)
My Sprint has only incurred 1 problem since drive-off, a seized speedometer
transducer. We discovered the problem, had the part in a week and it's history.
The recall for bolts, centerstand, etc. were only academic on the part of Triumph
(handled very well I might add) As for a heavy clutch, it's extremely precise for
feathering and whatnot and doesn't go away when you need it most (those mountain
passes on RV's) What were the other bitches from someone that's never ridden 1 ?
Oh, the three bag set works awesome, even loaded for my 2 1/2 week trip was easy
to centerstand with the handle. I, like an earlier poster, have to find a way to
remove the dents from my helmet cheekpads (smashing, constant, smile)
I know if you can discover a vehicle that can hang with ZX9r's and Fireblades
through Lolo Pass (Idaho) with a full load of camping gear, get the tires hot
enough to pickup road bits, and bring you home (or hotel) happy, you'll let us
know.
                Happy Trails,
                                Jim