Re: Aftermarket Pipe update

- -
>On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Dennis Tackett wrote:
>
>> You must be talking to a sales guy. One of the techs and a floor manager
>> race with me and the owner of RPM Cycle here in Dallas. They already
tried
>> to build one using my ST as a test mule but couldn't get it to work with
the
>> 2 maps available.
>
>I guess it must be.  I emailed them regarding the ST and got a flat "we
>have no plans ..." response.
>

>> I am working with someone off list who has broken the code
>> and is now fine tuning it to make it adjustable while running the bike.
When
>> this is complete M4 will make a pipe for me and I'm sure with good
results
>> will put it on the market.
>
>An offering from M4 would be nice but is running a non-triumph tune wise?
>Wou;dn't that blow every sort of warranty around?

Good point but I think any after market modification technically could void
the warrantee, such as adding a non-Triumph performance pipe even without
changing the ignition mapping.

Eric,
If you're following this thread what's your take?

>> By the way we got 9 more HP on the top and 16
>> more in the middle so ther is great potential there. Just couldn't get it
>> smooth throughout the curve.
>
>Hmmm, 9 at the top and 18 in the middle would be fantastic.  They'd have
>to ship it with a counterwight for the handlebars just to try and keep the
>front end on the floor  :-)
>

>Bambi

Unfortunately it was at the cost of less power in other areas of the
powerband. I would expect to realize a 6 to 9 HP linear difference when we
are done. This would be worth it in my opinion along witht the weight
savings of a lighter pipe.

Dennis
Corinth, TX