Re: Aftermarket Pipe update

On Thu, 9 Sep 1999, Dennis Tackett wrote:

> Good point but I think any after market modification technically could void
> the warrantee, such as adding a non-Triumph performance pipe even without
> changing the ignition mapping.

You think?  Putting on a new pipe is one thing but hacking the engine
tune would be in a different game IMHO.

> Unfortunately it was at the cost of less power in other areas of the
> powerband. I would expect to realize a 6 to 9 HP linear difference when we
> are done. This would be worth it in my opinion along witht the weight
> savings of a lighter pipe.

With the proportional torque increase that would still be a nice gain.
Having an R1 pass me on a straight doesn't bother.  Not being able to pull
up onto its rear coming out of the corner does ;-)

Bambi