Re: Boxes!!!

- --=====================_37707775==_.ALT

At 08:58 AM 9/11/99 +0100, Anderson, Neil G wrote:

>Question for anyone else with the top box; was yours supplied with the
>padded back rest fitted?  The Triumph catalogue shows the 3 Box system
>including the back rest, but my dealer tells me it has to be ordered
>separately.  Bit of a swindle, I thought...

Nope.  You don't want the backrest, because:

1) it's less comfortable than leaning against the box.

2) the box is less watertight with the backrest (why drill two hole in a perfectly good topbox?).

3) the edges are held down with sticky tape that doesn't work, with the result that

4) the edges pull away from the box and it looks like shit.

All that having been said, I was warned before I put mine on, but after I bought it.  If you really want one, you can have mine if you pay shipping.

Rich Weyand      |  _______   ___,---. ---+_______:_   |Rich Weyand
Weyand Associates| |_N_&_W_| |_N_&_W_| |__|________|_  |TracTronics
Comm Consultants |  ooo ooo ~ ooo ooo ~ oOOOO- OOOO=o\ |Model RR Electronics
weyand@xxxxxxx   |     http://www.mcs.net/~weyand/     |weyand@xxxxxxx
- --=====================_37707775==_.ALT

At 08:58 AM 9/11/99 +0100, Anderson, Neil G wrote:<br>
yours supplied with the<br>
padded back rest fitted?&nbsp; The Triumph catalogue shows the 3 Box
system<br>
including the back rest, but my dealer tells me it has to be
ordered<br>
separately.&nbsp; Bit of a swindle, I thought...</blockquote><br>
Nope.&nbsp; You don't want the backrest, because:<br>
1) it's less comfortable than leaning against the box.<br>
2) the box is less watertight with the backrest (why drill two hole in a
perfectly good topbox?).<br>
3) the edges are held down with sticky tape that doesn't work, with the
result that<br>
4) the edges pull away from the box and it looks like shit.<br>
All that having been said, I was warned before I put mine on, but after I
bought it.&nbsp; If you really want one, you can have mine if you pay
shipping.<br>
_______&nbsp;&nbsp; ___,---. ---+_______:_&nbsp;&nbsp; |Rich
Weyand</div>
|TracTronics</div>