Re: Just sold my K bike thinking of buying new sprint

Regina or David Tomlinson wrote:

> I would have to have a taller windscreen.  Does anyone make a taller
> windscreen for the new Sprint?

Yes, you can get the Triumph tall windscreen from Jack Lilley's in the
UK. (Triumph doesn't sell the tall windscreen in the US, only in
Europe.) And, if I remember correctly, someone was trying to sell a tall
windscreen a while ago. Anyone?

> Also, I'd like anyone who owns a new
> Sprint to tell me their likes and dislikes about their bike and how much
> a tour.  I usually ride 500-700 miles a day w/ a few over 1,000 miles in
> a day when I'm out touring.  Does anyone do this kind of riding on a
> Sprint?  What options do you have or recommend?

Can't say as I've done this kind of mileage on my Sprint, but then again
I just picked it up on Friday! Several of the folks on the list do quite
a bit of touring on it, including a few 1K mi. days, so you should hear
from someone. I think the concensus was that the seat's pretty
comfortable, especially for a stock seat, but that a third-party seat
would be real nice for the longer days.

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting