Re: Carbon-fiber pipe

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Justen Fauth wrote:

> What options are out there, either by Triumph or any other company for
> putting on a new aftermarket pipe?  Has anybody had any experience with
> Triumph's Carbon fiber pipe?  Does it affect the gas mileage of the bike?

Triumph has both the carbon and stainless "race cans".  They claim a
reasonable power increase when they are run with the new tune in the
management system but I dont' think anyone has seen dyno charts.

As for non-trumpy cans and systems, there's nothing out there yet.  I've
been talking to all manufacturers and importers I can find since Feb (just
before I got my ST) and they are all "still working on them".  But, there
is movement at M4 and Staintune at the moment as well as a custom
underseat job that Doug Archer in Melbourne has been involved with.

Bambi