RE: Hope I live until Friday!

It's like acidema - the battels are all the more heated when the stakes are
small...

> I think it was Rickd that was worried that the motor was too
> tight from the factory to exceed the limits set by Triumph.

They do seem awful tight when they are new. It seems to have taken eveyone
about 5000 miles to get them to shift smoothly. A couple of thousand extra
RPM should be fine, but with a T5 I would be careful to follow the rest of
the break-in instructions as scrupulously as possible. E.G., no lugging, no
steady speeds and no really hard acceleration.

FWIW, I have, by trial and error, come to the conclusion that the ST is one
of the few vehicles that *realy* requires 89 or better octane gas [1].
Anything less and you will get knocking on take off and under hard
acceleration. It's worth the extra $0.10-$0.15 a gallon to avoid
engine-killing detonation.

[1] Coming from a staunch suporter of 'use the cheap stuff' that is a big
deal.