FW: Melted fairing

I have to belay my last on this one.  Foam won't fit on the side were the
header is closest.  Explains the reason why you asked about it.  No solution
for that panel yet from the dealer.
I went out this weekend to take a couple of demo rides from the Triumph demo
truck and noticed that the 2000 Daytona 955i had its exhaust system exposed.
I have been thinking about that pretty heavily since.  You could
theoretically cut the plastic where some of you folks are noticing the
deformation.  By making a whole where the plastic deforms large enough
without making it huge and laying new heat shield down all around the whole.
It is possible to in effect to distance the vulnerable plastic from the heat
source without any increased fire hazard from any form of a
covering/coating.  This of course exposes the merge point of the exhaust but
that doesn't detract from Baby's beauty any more than the large plastic
deformation that is currently there.
A case of note on belly panels.  If you have dropped you bike or possibly
scraped your belly panel and also have the deformation of the right belly
panel Triumph will not cover the panel under warranty.  My dealer had tried
to get it covered but the head of service at TOA wouldn't do it.  I can
understand his logic even if I don't agree with it.  But the dealer Mickey
Cohen - now running OC Triumph, hooked me up because he's cool.
END.