Re: Hurricane

At 10:52 AM 09/13/1999 -0700, Retherford, Martin wrote:
 >Eric/Mark H,
 >	How are you guys doing with the Hurricane?

Watching and waiting. McDonnel Douglas closed it's operations this morning
at the space center (a couple of miles from where I live) and Brevard
County has issued a mandatory evacuation for the barrier islands and mobile
/ manufactured homes beginning at 4:00pm EST.  My wife said that FDLE (FL
Dept of Law Enforcement) is securing the lab now and will be shutting down
operations in the next 30 minutes.

We are definitely in the probability zone, but I think the real problem is
no one knows where the thing is going and it is so damn large that
regardless of where it hits, huge areas are going to be hit and possibly hard.

If it looks like we will be a close miss, we will hang out as we probably
won't see winds over 125mph, but if it looks as if it will hit land, we
will be packing up the child and the Great Dane and getting out of dodge
(leaving the area for non US listers). The biggest problem with leaving is
what to take. I would really hate to leave the ST behind, but it really
doesn't make sense to save that and leave one of the other vehicles as my
wife both commute long distances in opposite directions. Hey I was getting
close to needing a new roof anyway .......

Mark, what are your plans ?

- - Eric