New ST Opinions please

Hi All: I have a bit of a dilemma. I had ordered from my dealer a new
2000 ST. Problem is that there aren't any Black ones in the US and
the soonest TOA expects them in country is the beginning of October
and dealer thinks realistically that I woundn't get mine till the
beginning of November! My dealer has found a new in the box 99'.  Of
course I managed to get such a good deal on the 2000 that he won't
cut me anymore of a break on the 99' (I did get him to throw in a
tank bag) I really don't want to be out of a bike untill November
(the BMW goes next Thursday) So I think that I'll probably take the
99' ( I've told the dealer I will) it is a late production unit and I
believe there are no changes for for 2000. Are there any changes that
would warrant me waiting for a 2000???  I realize that there will be
a $$ difference if I trade the ST in someday but I'm willing to
accept that.

TIA

Erik
Jonesing for a new bike!