Re: Hurricane FLOYD

At 07:59 AM 09/15/1999 -0400, Mark Hanke wrote:
 >To All,
 >Non ST. Just to let everyone know that floyd was more show than blow here on
 >the SPACED COAST. I personally have very little damage @ my home. A couple
 >of 8 year old oak trees leaning and some misc. debrie lieing around but
 >mainly safe and sound. How did you fare in PSJ Eric?

Little damage to the house - lost a couple of shingles on the northern
corner. Lost a chunk out of one of the pines out back, bit luckily it did
not hit anything. Storage shed out back took some damage. Have talked with
several others around PSJ and it seems to be the same - pretty minor wind
damage - broken limbs a few trees down, down power lines, pool screen
ripped etc. Still raining here but should be done in the next hour or so. I
just talked with my site in Jacksonville NC and they don't look like they
will fare as well - looks like it will come on shore pretty close to them.

Floyd is pretty much done with us in central florida, but looks like it is
getting ready to do serious damage further up the coast.

- - Eric