Scottish bike touring

Well, despite being Scottish, I've never actually done a motorbike tour
there, but if I did I would start off in Edinburgh and have the following
places on my list:

Glencoe (as in The Battle Of...)
Fort William (Ben Nevis)
Fort William to Mallaig road (twisties)
Ferry Mallaig-Isle of Skye
Bike up the East coast of Skye, walk up to the Stoer and Quiraing
Bike round the rest of Skye, cross the bridge to Kyle of Lochalsh
Try to fit in the twisties up the pass over to Applecross
Head across to Loch Ness somehow
Have a look for Nessie - OK, I know this is only for American tourists! ;-)
Head back down South

It might rain, there might be midges (little black biting things like
sandflies, especially in Skye), but you'll have a good time.

As for hotels, you could take a tent!

Neil

End of st-digest V1999 #223