Re: Headlights, fork pro, cable and chain lube

> Some people ask how to turn on both headlights at the same time. I dunno
> if this is a USA thing or not but both of mine are on at all times.

Yep, it varies by country. All US bikes have both on at the same time.

> Fork pro(tection):
> The other day I was sitting at a light and I glanced down between the
> fairing and the forks and, lo and behold, the was a pair of fork
> protectors. I certainly didn't order them and I didn't pay extra for
> them. But there they are! One less accessory that I have to buy.

Apparently standard on the bike. My '99 has 'em too.

> NOOOOO not the dreaded WD-40 thread again.
> This is a question for those of you that do not use WD-40. What do YOU
> use for chain lube.

I can't believe people use WD-40. It's totally unsuitable for the task. I
have been using Maxima chain wax and it seems to work really well, although
it does fling a bit.