Milan Bike Show

Last Friday night I visited the Bike show here in Milan which
is one of the biggest shows in Europe. Loads of interesting new
models but, of course I will remain in topic.
Unfortunatly, I did not have my camera with me so I don't have
and pictures.

Triumph had a very big stand which as usual was together with
Harleys and Buells as the importer in Italy is the same for all
3 brands.
The main new attraction was of course the Sprint RS and was
there in all 3 colors. Generally speaking the bike is quite nice
and, thanks to the half fairing and seat cowl (standard supply)
it looks a bit more agressive than the ST.
Personally I think the yellow and blue (very dark) colors were
the best although the orange is nice as well.
What I don't like about it is the frame which is painted black.
These bikes have such nice frames which I think should be exposed
in all their beauty which for me means polished natural alluminum.
Same for the ST of course.
The other things for which I personally would not trade my ST
for an RS are:
- - I definately prefer the single sided swing arm
- - Position of the mirrors. Too up high for me (vibrations??)
- - Digital speedo. I still prefer analog clocks.
- - No center stand or grab bars (only optional) and no hard paniers
On the positive side, they did at the end keep the same horsepower
as the ST and it is quite a bit lighter. So, it will probably be
a pretty fast baby :-))

Again, I wouldn't trade my ST for it but it will surely be a good
success especially for those who look more to the sports side of a
sport tourer.

Other models just had different colors. Saw the Blue ST for the
first time. Looks quite nice but still prefer my "all black" one :-)))
Also a new dark green color for the tiger (nice!) and new colors
for the Legend (very nice bike if you don't need any protetcion).
New pipes (one each side now) on the Thunderbird sport and finally
a great looking Silver Daytona.

Finally just some quick OT for those who are interested.
When you have a chance, have a look at the Aprilia SL and RSV/SP,
Cagiva Raptor and V-Raptor, Honda VTR-SP and new CBR900RR, and the
New Ninja 900. All different types of bikes but all interesting.
And of course, the Benelli Tornado 900 which is a piece of art.
And, not too OT, the Italjet Grifon 900 which is a roadster powered
by ... guess what ... a good old Triumph 900 engine.

All the best.

Carlo
All Black Sprint ST