Re: 2000 and Paint

Way back in the 70's, when we had the time, a bunch of us with Honda
750's of one type or another would use very fine steel wool to rub
the lacquer off the aluminum parts like cam covers, then using
Simichrome polish the things till they gleamed - man were they pretty.

And boy did they greatly increase maintenance. If you didn't stay on
top of them they began to look crappy very quickly - you'd have been
better off leaving them lacquered even though the lacquer yellowed a
bit over time.

I'll go for the powder coating myself.