Re: st-digest V1999 #218

>In any case, the bike is at RPM Cycle in Dallas.  I haven't seen it, so if
>anyone in Dallas wants to give me a perspective, I'd be grateful.  I should
>know if its a total or repairable on Tuesday.  I do know all the plastic is
>gone and the forks and front wheel are bent.  If it can be fixed, great,
>thats the cheapest, I wouldn't have to re-buy or try to swap accessories,
and
>I like the bike- I'd have it done in blue though.  I just want to make sure
>the bike is fixed PERFECT; no frame snaffus or extra scratches or scuffs
>anywhere.  If you guys in Dallas would help stress that to RPM I'd also be
>grateful.  I'd hate to get it back and not it it 100% perfect.
>If it's a total I'll be looking for a 2000 Sprint ST or maybe a Duc ST4
just
>to try something different. Anyone have any first hand comparo info?  I'd
>probably stick with the Triumph, but just curious.
>Special thanks to Richard and Lisa White for all their help and support
>through this whole ordeal!  You know, you actually do meet the nicest
people
>on Triumphs.
>
>Rick Paukert
>The Woodlands, TX
>Hudson, WI (until I can walk)

Hi Rick,
I've been down with the flu and then pnuemonia so I'm just getting around.
Went to RPM last Saturday and saw your bike. I believe Keith had already
turned in the estimate to the insurance. Sorry to see it so mangled. I
noticed an intercomm cable or the like where the seat used to be. Do you
want me to grab it or anything else off of it? Keith mentioned $7400 just
for parts so I would be suprised if the insurance company doesn't total it.
He understands that you want it back in perfect condition but frankly it
will never be there if he has to repair it. I would lobby the insurance hard
to get it totaled since it really is their call. Hope you're healing up and
don't even think about switching brands. We haven't been riding together
yet. Have you seen the new RS? Hint Hint.
Dennis