Re: New ST Options

Eric Sheley <eric@xxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Parts department operates with an average of around 30-35% on Triumph
> accessories. You are correct that smaller items typically have a higher
> margin, but I am sure that there is not much comes in over 100%.

There seems to be an absolute minimum price of (IIRC) 32p (50c or so).
Unfortunately, you can't buy things like fasteners or washers in bulk
for a reasonable price, if you want all the fasteners for a fairing,
say, you have to buy them as individual items - so a set of washers
would cost about 6x what they would in the 'real' world.

Perhaps Triumph could adjust its method with regard to small items
where there's an obvious administrative overhead - sending out items
in batches of, say, 10 or 20, instead of singly, but at a considerably
reduced price.

- --
Mike Fleming