Heat Shield

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BF055C.FEECCC48

I forgot to mention that when I dropped Flash off for the fuel leak, I also
mentioned the aluminum foil had melted in places. The dealer said they
talked to TOA about it, and that Triumph had not heard of this. I said that
was very strange, as it has been quite a source of discussion on the list.
And that there were two theories, one that once holes appeared in the foil,
the heat was not reflected and melted the belly pan; the other that when
wet, the water turns to steam and melts the plastic. I actually started
looking for a solution myself, and think I may have found one. BUT, when I
picked up the bike, they had installed a very thin quilted aluminum shield
in place of the aluminum foil covered soft foam. So they had a solution for
a problem they didn't know about, pretty good engineering feat :-) (Now
Martin, don't go off on this topic.):-}
I checked the belly pan, and it was warm in places, not hot anywhere, after
a fairly spirited reunion ride home.

Paul Master - Red 99 Sprint ST "The Flash"
East Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)
email  master@xxxxxxx

- ------_=_NextPart_001_01BF055C.FEECCC48

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>Heat Shield</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I forgot to mention that when I dropped Flash off for =
the fuel leak, I also mentioned the aluminum foil had melted in places. =
The dealer said they talked to TOA about it, and that Triumph had not =
heard of this. I said that was very strange, as it has been quite a =
source of discussion on the list. And that there were two theories, one =
that once holes appeared in the foil, the heat was not reflected and =
melted the belly pan; the other that when wet, the water turns to steam =
and melts the plastic. I actually started looking for a solution =
myself, and think I may have found one. BUT, when I picked up the bike, =
they had installed a very thin quilted aluminum shield in place of the =
aluminum foil covered soft foam. So they had a solution for a problem =
they didn't know about, pretty good engineering feat :-) (Now Martin, =
don't go off on this topic.):-}</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I checked the belly pan, and it was warm in places, =
not hot anywhere, after a fairly spirited reunion ride home.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Paul Master - Red 99 Sprint ST &quot;The =
Flash&quot;</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>East Bay (San Francisco Bay Area)</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>email&nbsp; master@xxxxxxx</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>