Re: Radiator

At 05:05 PM 09/22/1999 -0700, Paul Master wrote:
 >would contact Triumph. When he talked to Triumph, they said to order a
 >radiator and ALL mounting hardware. They have seen a couple of cases (read
 >about on this list) where bikes seemed to be eating radiators. The theory is
 >that either something went missing in the mounting hardware, or some part
 >got tweaked somehow. This puts undue stress on the radiator, and with normal
 >vibration, it begins to leak again. In all previous cases, replacing all the
 >mounting hardware has sorted the problem. So my fingers are crossed, and now

That is basically what I heard from ToA as well. When the radiator sits in
the brackets, they should all lightly touch the mounting points. Theory has
been that one of the brackets was slightly out and when the bolt was run
through to tighten it up, the continuous pressure was enough to fatigue the
radiator. If they replace everything you should be good to go again.

- - Eric