Re: Ugly Reflectors

At 09:47 PM 09/24/1999 -0400, Erik Miner wrote:

 >First is those goofy front reflectors you know the ones that stick out on
 >the front fender. Does anybody know what size the bolt that holds them on
 >is, so that I can remove the reflector and replace the bolt that holds them

Stock is a torx M6 x 40. If you remove the reflector and spacer, replace
with a M6 x 25 and you will be good to go.

 >on with a shorter stainless one?? Also I just installed the Triumph carbon
 >fibre tank protector following the instructions after installing it there is
 >a rather large gap between the front edge and the surface of the tank.
 >Obviously this is caused by the thickness of sticky pads used to attach it
 >to the tank. Anyone figure a good way to fill this gap so it doesn't look so
 >tacked on?? I may just end up taking it off and look for something that fits
 >better, shame since it does look OK except for the gap. Also I have on order

I have a few pieces of the 3M paint protection film left. Goes on clear -
see picture under "Paint Protection" on the accessory page of the ST site.

 >the heated grips where do they mount the switch? doesn't look as through
 >there is any clean looking spot for it on the dash? And since I'm asking

see the heated grip section of the accessory page for picture of stock
location and dash location.

 >what are youse guys (and gals?) using for oil ( Sly Grin) I can get Motul
 >for a bit better price than the Triumph /Mobil 1 so I may use that.. Other
 >wise I just need to get out and ride the thing maybe I should tell the boss
 >that I can't come to work for a while!

I use the recommended Triumph 4T. You could also use the Mobil 1 MX4T (?)
which is different than normal Mobil 1. Comments from a Mobil rep on the
FAQ page under the oil / filter section.

- - Eric