Re: dead batteries

Tim,

Since we were starting out on trips, and since we had problems (now
obviously battery related) before we left, we couldn't take the chance
in getting stranded somewhere along the road where it would have been
difficult to change (or even get) a battery, hence, the replacements.
Mine died going into the garage after around a 100 mile ride ?!?  We had
to charge her up before we could start her again and she "died" later
that same week.  Richard's bike was on the charger the night before we
left (as was mine with the new battery) and we still had problems.
We've not had any problems (knock wood) since changing the batteries,
and that was 6000 miles ago for my bike.

You might want to talk to your dealer about getting a new battery under
warranty.  It may save you a lot of worry!