Re: 3M paint protection clear film, and Pannier question

At 07:02 PM 09/26/1999 -0400, Erik Miner wrote:
 >I want to apply some of that 3M clear protector film to my ST. I looked at
 >3M's web site it is officially called " Scotchcal" High performance
 >protective film. Does anyone know  who might sell this stuff? I tried the
 >local pep boys but no luck. Eric I see from the web site that you have this
 >on your ST where did you get it?? Also I have the two pannier system for my

We've been buying it in bulk orders when we get enough interest to keep the
cost down. I still have some left - contact me if you want some or need
more info.

 >bike. The dealer can't put it on for a week or so. Has anyone installed
 >these themselves? I am fairly handy but I don't want to do any cutting , I'm
 >hoping that it's a bolt on thing. I know I have to rotate the pipe down is
 >that hard to do? Any help will be much appreciated.

It's a bolt on thing - no cutting involved. It is a pain in the ass, but a
few hours and you'll be all set. Mine was an early setup which had all the
parts unassembled. After dealer complaints they went to a partially
assembled setup and I would assume that is what you would be getting. The
pipe rotates down by loosening on bolt and adding a lowering bracket.

- - Eric