A few problems, need some advise

I got to take the bike out today for it's first long ride. And I
found two things that I need to improve. First at speeds over about
60 I'm getting terrible helmet buffeting makes it very hard to see!
If I sit very upright it's ok, and if I crouch down it's ok so I've
got to surmise that it's the height of the wind screen for my height.
Since I can't go lower I've got to go higher hoping that the higher
air flow will not buffet me the same. In fact it's almost not
buffeting but a strange vibration that causes my helmet ( Arai
RX7-RR3) to buzz enough to distort things enough so it really is hard
to see!.... HELP   Second problem. Is there anyway to lower the rear
brake lever? I have to almost lift my foot off the peg in order to
use it. I just can't bend my foot up far enough to operate the rear!
Also does any one make a peg lowering kit (yet) for the ST?  I
wouldn't mind an inch more leg room.

Thanks for any help!

Erik