Re: New subscribers

At 11:32 AM 9/28/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Welcome to new subscribers,

50 years old. Married. No kids.  Live in NC.  Have owned several bikes.
Prior to the ST I had a BMW R1200C Cruiser.  Bought it on looks and a
reputation of quality.  Plus when my wife saw it she said "buy it".  (A man
has to do what a man has to do!)  Really enjoyed the cruiser for the
purpose it was designed.

Ride with a group in Raleigh on a regular basis.  Most are professionals in
the 30-40 age group.  However there is a significant representation of old
farts like me.  Back in July 5 of us (mostly farts) rode to Lexington, Ohio
to watch the bike races and then take the Keith Code school on the
following Monday.  I was the only one on a cruiser.  There was a Honda
Blackbird, VFR, F2, Triumph Trophy, and me.  The school was great and, upon
my return, I started looking for another ride, one that I could apply some
of the things I had learned at Mid-Ohio.  Liked the Blackbird and the ST.
My dealer offered a trade I couldn't refuse.  Now the owner (as of early
September) of a '99 Black ST.

Unfortunately, all has not gone well.  Overheating problems set in within
400 miles.  Dealer checked coolant level and added a considerable amount.
Indication was an air bubble that may have caused insufficient coolant.
Bike ran great for two days and then overheating returned.  I checked
coolant level and again it was found to be very, very low.  Added coolant
and went for 50 mile fairly agressive ride.  Temp needle barely moved above C.

Still think I have a significant problem.  Am taking to the dealer this
week for 500 (actually 625) mile checkup and hopefully solving of
overheating problem.

Have any others had a coolant loss problem?

Rick Young
Raleigh, NC
1999 Black ST