Joining the dreaded list ...

Alack, alas
I made a pass ...

Just to say that I came off my beloved black ST tonight on the
way home from town.
A black taxi cab (not very visible) pulled out of a side street
near Kew on a quiet main road and then froze at the junction as
I was overtaking a car on the other side of the road. It all
happened very fast, but I must have braked on a painted white
centre-of-road line and skidded, so the bike ended up under the
front end of the taxi. There was sod all damage to his vehicle
(more's the pity), but the fairing and front lights on my bike
are a write-off, together with the left-hand pannier, on which
the bike landed.
The flat skid-proof part of the gear-lever broke clean off, and
there are other things like bolts that came flying out.
Basically, a lot of plastic got damaged and the curator at Kew
will be disgusted when he has to clean up the mess outside his
gates tomorrow morning, but what the hell. Luckily, I was
wearing a fair amount of protective gear, so I got off lightly,
despite ending up underneath the bike, skidding along the road
and then coming to a halt in front of the taxi ... all at a
modest 35 mph.
My main fear is that the insurance will find him only partly
guilty, as I was actually overtaking through a green light on a
pedestrian crossing just in front of the side road from which he
exited.
Any tips about filling in the insurance claims form from old
hands?

Tim