Re: New subscribers

At 08:56 PM 09/28/1999 -0400, Rick Young wrote:
 >My dealer offered a trade I couldn't refuse.  Now the owner (as of early
 >September) of a '99 Black ST.

I hate it when that happens .....

 >Unfortunately, all has not gone well.  Overheating problems set in within
 >400 miles.  Dealer checked coolant level and added a considerable amount.
 >snip<
 >Still think I have a significant problem.  Am taking to the dealer this
 >week for 500 (actually 625) mile checkup and hopefully solving of
 >overheating problem.
 >Have any others had a coolant loss problem?

Sorry to hear of your problems - from what you've described, it really
needs to be gone over by the dealer.

There have been a few on the list that have had radiator failures that are
now thought to be caused by faulty mounting brackets. But this or damage to
a hose or other external part of the system should show some signs of
leaking with the volume that you are going through. Have you seen any
indication of leakage ?

Also check your exhaust to see if you can see what looks like light smoke /
steam or check your oil level. If you have a more serious problem, it
should be evident here.

Hope that helps - keep us updated

- - Eric