Re: Exhausts

At 06:04 PM 09/29/1999 -0400, TXToday@xxxxxxx wrote:
 >Does anyone have the knowledge to elaborate on whether Black Widow is
 >building an underseat exhaust system for the Sprint ST?

The last email I had from them was in July and they said not to expect
anything until September. I sent them another email about 2 weeks ago
asking for an update but I have not had a response. BW is run / owned by
Tammy and Joe Riley and can be reached at <bwracing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 > Secondly, anyone
 >have any experience with the design, quality, materials, service, tune,
price
 >and related issues comparing Black Widow to Doug Archer's Underseat Exhaust
 >company?  ie  Who builds the better system?

Well, I had a bad experience with BW when they originally announced the
pipe. It's a long story, but basically there was a group of us on a sub
list of the T5 list (called the BW list) that had been promised a discount
if we bought as a group. We got the group together, but as the pipe got
closer to release, the discount fell through as a "communication error" on
behalf of one of Joe's employees. We were basically told to piss off and no
incentive to the group was offered. It did make for some spirited emails
though ;-)

Anyway, most of those on the list ended up with something else, but a few
still went with the BW. From what I have been told the initial run of pipes
had a few build issues, but after that the system was very nicely designed.
I saw one of the second generation pipes and it looked awesome on the T595
that it was on. FWIW, the owner installed it in a Naval base parking lot
over the period of one afternoon without much difficulty.

The pipe was a little loud for my liking and I question the cost versus
performance..... but it did look great.

Installation on the ST should be easier as there is not a need to move the
water bottle of relays as they are external of the frame, where on the T5
they were both right in the way.

- - Eric