Re: Mounting a Radar Detector questions

In a message dated 9/28/99 10:57:00 PM, LACPSYD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<I run a Valentine on my ST.  I fitted the remote (to utilize the ear plug)
to the underside of the front edge of the left fairing (which wraps up
around the gas tank).  I use the supplied double suction cup mount and hang
it right onto the underside of the windshield.  Because of the 'telephone'
clip plug, its a snap to remove and replace the Valentine anytime I park the
bike and leave it.>>

I am having second thoughts about using my Valentine since reading some
articles by highway patrol officers in the motorcycle magazines. One of them
said that radar detectors help them nab speeders, because if they point their
gun at a speeder in the middle of a group coming down the 4-laner, and he
immediately slows down, that tells them they have the right one. And several
of them say that they can sometimes be talked out of a ticket, but never if
they spot a radar detector in/on the vehicle. If I were going to use the
Valentine, I would try and make it work inside the tank bag, and use an
earphone.