Re: Mounting a Radar Detector questions

TrmpetDave@xxxxxxx wrote:

> If I were going to use the
> Valentine, I would try and make it work inside the tank bag, and use an
> earphone.

Good idea -- I've done something similar in my car: The V1 hangs from
the passenger's sun visor and the power/data cable is routed through my
headliner and A-pillar to the fuse box and the remote display, which is
imbedded in my dash on the passenger-side of the steering column. The
net effect is that neither the detector nor the display are visible to
someone standing outside the vehicle, even if they're actively looking.

I thought a pretty slick place to mount the V1 (or any detector, for
that matter) on the ST would be behind the front parking light's lens.
This would be a fairly permenant mount, so you'd probably have to
construct some sort of waterproof container to protect the V1. The
position would provide excellent forward visibility for the detector and
it'd be pretty darn hard to spot. With the remote display and an earplug
you'd have a great stealth system.

I haven't had the pleasure of removing my fairing yet. Does anyone know
if there's room behind the front parking light for a radar detector?

- --
Blake Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Higher Education Consulting
KPMG LLP