Re: overheating?

Author:  "Paul Pemberton" <painbreton@xxxxxxxxxxx> at Internet

have noticed that the cooling/ventilating fans come on surprisingly often.
It only takes a relatively few minutes of city driving for the fan to start
cutting in occasionally, and when I stop the bike the fan fairly often blows
on for a good couple of minutes.
     Relax Paul. This is quite normal. I runs even hotter with the panniers
     installed.

I would also say that the exhaust gas seems to be fairly "smoky" at start
up... maybe humidity in the exhaust system??
     A little vapour is normal. Smoke is not. If you're seeing white vapour
     for a short while after start up then there is nothing to worry about.

     Martin,
     Dublin, Ireland.