Pain and Suffering continued

Thanks for the sypathy and good wishes everyone.  I would have expected the
exact opposite, but I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday.  My elbow
and knee are really stiff and don't have full mobility, but they aren't
nearly as sore as they were yesterday.

I had an 8:00am phone call from the police officer who is writing up the
accident report.  He asked me why I was riding in the right side of the lane
(because the left side was too close to the shoulder, and I wanted to be
able to split if traffic got slow).

Matt, to answer your questions -

1. Within your lane were you positioned in the left, middle, or right
portions of the lane?
- ---Right part of the lane.

2. How many lanes are on the freeway at that point? (I think 4 but I'm not
sure)
- ---Four lanes.

3. What lane were you in (1 being the slow lane) ? (Since that section has
a commuter lane, I'm hoping you were in the fast lane. You said that's
where you ended up, but it wasn't clear if that's where you started.)
- ---I was in the fast lane (which the police refer to as lane 1, I learned.

4. When she started moving over, were you passing her, staying even, or
being passed?
- ---When she started moving I was, I believe, moving just a little faster
than her.  Both of us were doing the same speed as the rest of the traffic
in our lanes.

5. When you noticed her moving over, did you:
    a. honk
    b. accelerate
    c. brake
    d. swerve
    e. none of the above, I didn't see here moving over until she hit me
- ---c and d.  I was just behind her so I couldn't accelerate to get out of
her way.  (yes, I was probably in her blind spot, but if she'd waited for
even a half second after signalling, i wouldn't have been)
The skid mark shows that I had a bout six feet of braking and abut a foot of
swerve before I was struck.

David