RE: Gloves

Robert,
Held are (were) definitely top shelf in my book. We bought 2 pair in the
86-87 time frame and I ruined mine in an unplanned excursion. Broke my
heart, best gloves I ever had, until.......looking for replacement Helds,
Bob Buchsbaum of Montgomeryville Cycle, the absolute best, bar none, MC
accessory guy I have ever met (guaranteed you have seen a few of his ultra
trick track bikes in magazines), anyway, I had been bugging him about not
carrying Helds when he asks me to try a pair of TEKNIC Carbon. This is far
and away the best pair of gloves I have ever owned, and for half the price
of the Held, a paltry $99! Just do yourself a favor, find a pair and try
them on. I'm betting that will make your decision, then take a look at the
safety features. One note of caution, as Bob pointed out to me this winter,
the 2000 model of that glove is not quite as good, they quit putting the
extra layer of leather over a few seams. I would still buy them, but if you
can find a set from last year, they would offer some extra protection. We
have a closet full of 'waterproof' gloves, Dee chuckles and says "they don't
work". Sorry for the length of this but I get really excited about products
that exceed my expectations.
Paul & Dee