Valentine 1

Bench Dawg-

I run a Valentine 1 and love it. It's a very sensitive unit as demonstrated
by an incident last year when my Valentine went off before the guy's
brand x  in front of me. He got stopped...

Anyway, I wired another fused DC plug directly to the battery and route
it up in front of the seat when I'm using the detector. It hooks to
the remote power adaptor for the detector. Since the detector lives
in the tank bag, I also run the remote audio adaptor, plugging my
headphone into the accessory speaker outlet on the back (NOT the
headphone jack on the front as directed). This means I have three
pieces of hardware to run the detector, but mount them all with
velcro to an appropriately sized piece of plastic. I had called both
Valentine 1 and Bass Monster to verify that the impedance match
would work without problem.

Junkyard Dawg