Re: Sadness and pain

In a message dated 01/04/00  16:11:41, Jay writes:

<< (still too pissed to comment on Kaiser
 health care though, since it took them three visits to realize I had four
 broken bones in my foot and not just a sore toe). >>
Cor, you're lucky, I was xrayed from skull to femurs, sent down for a knee
xray  because it swelled up so quickly, which showed a loose body in one of
my knees.  I was sent home carried in the arms of my husband because I
couldn't walk, still in shock, and with multiple soft tissue injuries, told
me to go to my gp the following day, had to wait 10 days before consulting an
orthopod who then told me the xray had been lost (conveniently).  After an
mri showed both knees had torn cartilages, he said don't worry, they'll wear
down eventually, that he skies with a torn cartilage.  He said in the medical
report that they could have existed beforehand, that my soft tissue injuries
were a figment of my imagination. (the hospital or gp didn't document them.
A right old bollox-up (he was the local trauma orthopaedic consultant at
Queen Mary's Hospital, Sidcup).  The medical claim is still going on, but
after my persistant and competent 2nd opinion with a 'real' expert, I am
getting the correct treatment and compensation.   My Bupa healthcare has
covered me and claimed their costs back off the other party, who by the way
got off light with £150 fine and 5 points on his licence for without due care
and attention.  Ann, Kent, Britain.  Don't live here, casualty and secondary
national health care is trash.  Get private health care.  It adds up to -
don't trust anyone, get it done yourself and be belligerant, pedantic,
persistant.  Ann, Kent, Britain.