Re: bike name

<<
 Celtic Goddess.   Ann can you help with more history.

Sorry it's a late reply, Doug, I hadn't checked my email until last night.
There were 2 great devine houses of gods -  of Do~n  and of Llyr. Both houses
were connected by marriage.  Do~n (Dana)is a Gaelic Mother-Goddess,
descendents the Children of Light.  Llyr is the Gaelic Lir who represents the
Irish Fomorians.  Penardun, the daughter of Do~n was married to Llyr.

Both Houses have several Gods (Kings/Queens).  Manawydddan is the son of Llyr
and Penardun and is the God of the Sea enchanter, and married Rhiannon of
whom you may relate to.  There are two Rhiannons.  Their son Pwyll was the
Head of Hades and married another Rhiannon, whose son Pryderi was Lord of
Hades.  It is the second Rhiannon which is the most famous.  She wore
garments of gold, rode on a magnificent white horse.  Their romance and
wedding is famous in Celtic history.  After the wedding they travelled to
Narberth in Dyfed.  She bore a son, but was stolen.  She was blamed for
killing him and made to do a penance by sitting on a horse block at the gate
of the castle, tell them the tale then offer to carry them on her back into
the castle.  Her son who grew up faster than normal, was found later, she was
released from her penance and Pryderi reigned over the seven Cantrevs
(similar to a group of villages) of Dyfed when he died. The Irish and British
Houses/ Kingdoms  were inter-related right through the beginning as above, as
the two houses and British Kings/Queens tended to marry into each family.

You'll find more stuff in the Mabinogi Stories (original celtic stories
interpreted by different people) or Celtic Myths and Legends by
T.W.Rolleston.  It's not an easy subject to interpret because of the
language, and irish celtic was q-celtic and british celtic was p-celtic.  In
this book I.m quoting from Celtic Myths and Legends, it states that Gaelic is
the Cymric language which covers Irish and British Celts.  Gallic   was the
continental Gaul Celtic language.  If my memory is correct, Danaans were
Faery type people (petite, cultured, soft spoken and gentle) and the
Fomorians were heavy set more warrier type people.  The celtic races were
quite mixed peoples who embrace the same culture as you know.  Ann, (hoping
to be Combrogi-dawg) Pen-ddraig Sprint ST, Kent, Britain.