Re: New post and potential buyer

- ----- Original Message -----
From: todd brockmeyer <tbrock500@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 05, 2000 5:30 AM
Subject: New post and potential buyer

> I am very close to buying a 2000 ST, but would like
> some more convincing.  I am looking at the ST vs. a
> BMW R1100RT, K1200RS, and the Duc ST2/4.

Dear Todd,

Before I recently bought my ST, I spent a few weeks test-riding different
bikes before making up my mind which to buy. After some consideration the
choice fell between Triumph and BMW.

The K1200RS was too heavy for me as much of my riding will be in London and
this bike is at it's best going fast in straight lines.

What I like most about BMW's is their finish and charisma, they really do
have presence. Also, their dealer network and spares prices are the best
there is.

So you see I was very well pre-disposed towards BMW motorcycles. Then I
test-rode the R1100RS. It was cumbersome, difficult to ride fast, too heavy,
very well engineered but dull and staid.

When I rode the ST.... a revelation, fast, exiting, handles beautifully,
comfortable and *fun*. And that triple engine, the sound is music,
especially when easing off the throttle. The ST has soul and character, the
BMW has none.

Go on treat yourself to an ST, you deserve it!

Robert Wilson
London SE19