Re: Color stats

In a message dated 4/8/00 12:55:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Dan Wolf writes:

> Does anyone know of, or where to find, stats on how many of each color ST's
>  are imported into the US each year?

Well, yes I do.  But if I told you then I would have to kill you next...

Let's just say that about 60% of all Sapphire Blue Sprint ST's that are
coming to the country this year are already retailed, and that only about 50%
of the dealers in Triumph network at the moment have a unit "on the floor".
That includes demos.
The entire '00 Sprint ST build was virtually sold out at wholesale since
October, and Sapphire Blue has been the toughest one to get all year.

An even tougher bike to find is the Sprint RS in Eclipse Blue.

What happens is that the factory bases their "color split" on orders placed
by dealers at the beginning of the model year.  Essentially the units are
painted to order.  The down side is that the lead time for making these
decisions allows just a little time to jiggle these colors if dealers are
wildly out of touch with their market.

If most of the dealers opt to order "safe" colors like red and black -- but
the market goes nuts over Sapphire Blue -- well -- the laws of supply and
demand kick in at that point.

The good news is that red and black bikes are every bit as much fun to own
and ride as the blue ones!

Cheers,
Road Dawg